- 4c. peeled, sliced apples
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. uncooked quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Place apples in 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Microwave at high (100%) until apples are tender-crisp, 2 1/2 to 4 minutes. Set apples aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Microwave at High (100%) until hot and bubbly, 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes, stirring after half the cooking time. Spread over apples. Microwave at high (100%) until apples are tender and topping is bubble, 4 to 6 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Source: Sharp Carousel Microwave Cookbook