PICK YOUR OWN for SATURDAY, July 22, 2017:
Larriland Farm provides picking containers for adults. We ask that children share or bring their own containers.
- RED HAVEN and JOHN BOY PEACHES. Picking is good. Red Haven and John Boy are yellow, freestone, all purpose peaches.
- BLACKBERRIES. Picking is very good.
- BLUEBERRIES. Picking is scattered.
- RED RASPBERRIES. Picking is scattered.
- BEETS. Picking is very good.
- SWEET ONIONS. Picking is very good.
- POTATOES. There are white potatoes, redskin potatoes, and Yukon Gold potatoes. Providing that it has not rained too much to dig
- FLOWERS. Many different, beautiful, colorful flowers for cutting.
- White Peaches – reopening on Tuesday July 25th
- tomatoes – in a few days. Check back for opening day.
The following crops are done for this year: strawberries, sweet cherries, gooseberries, currants, and tart/sour cherries.
It is best to call just before getting in the car to drive here as sometimes all of the ripe fruit gets picked and the field has to be closed for a few days to allow the green berries time to ripen. This website and the telephone recording are updated every day and throughout the day to make sure you get the most up-to-date picking information.
Harvest season begins when the strawberry crop ripens in late May or early June. The harvest season ends with the apple crop in early November. The first Sunday in November is our last day for the year. For a complete list of all our crops and their approximate ripening times, please click on the Harvest Calendars below.
THE RED BARN FARM MARKET:
The Red Barn is open with Larriland Red Haven yellow freestone peaches, John Boy yellow freestone peaches, sweet cherries, blueberries, bi-color sweet corn, summer squash, zucchini, cucumbers, eggplant, kale, Beira Kale, fresh eggs, local cheeses, applesauce, jams and jellies, canning and freezing supplies, snacks and fudge. There is cherry wood and hickory wood for your home smoking and grilling.
During the harvest season, our crops in the field change daily based on the growing season and customer demand. Always call the day you are coming, just before leaving the house, to find out what’s available that day and to avoid disappointment. Call 410-442-2605 or 301-854-6110. The telephone recordings and this website are up-dated throughout the day, and everyday, as needed.
- Please leave your dogs/pets at home.
- We provide picking containers for all adults. We ask that children share with their parents or bring their own containers.
- Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted both in the field and in the Red Barn. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. ATM available in the Red Barn.
- Please pay at each field where you pick.
- If you would like an e-mail update of this page during the harvest season, please sign up for our Today’s Harvest Newsletter.
NEWS FROM THE FIELD click here to find out what we are doing in the fields.
Our family thanks you for picking Larriland Farm!