PICK YOUR OWN FOR SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2017:
- STRAWBERRIES. Picking is good. The berries are large and have good flavor. The strawberry season should last until mid-late June. Yes there has been a lot of rain but we have been growing strawberries for so long that we know how to deal with lots of moisture and still have good strawberry picking.
- spinach – soon
- radishes – in about 10 days – 2 weeks
- sweet cherries – mid June
- black raspberries – late June
- blueberries – late June
- tart cherries – late June
- beets – late June
It is best to call just before getting in the car to drive here as sometimes all of the ripe fruit gets picked and the field has to be closed for a few days to allow the green berries time to ripen. This website and the telephone recording are updated every day and throughout the day to make sure you get the most up-to-date picking information.
Harvest season begins when the strawberry crop ripens in late May or early June. The harvest season ends with the apple crop in early November. The first Sunday in November is our last day for the year. For a complete list of all our crops and their approximate ripening times, please click on the Harvest Calendars below.
THE RED BARN FARM MARKET:
The Red Barn is open with already picked strawberries, rhubarb, lettuce, jams and jellies, canning and freezing supplies, fresh eggs, and a large selection of herb and vegetable plants for your home garden. There is hickory wood for your home grilling.
During the harvest season, our crops in the field change daily based on the growing season and customer demand. Always call the day you are coming, just before leaving the house, to find out what’s available that day and to avoid disappointment. Call 410-442-2605 or 301-854-6110. The telephone recordings and this website are up-dated throughout the day, and everyday, as needed.
- Please leave your dogs/pets at home.
- We provide picking containers for all adults. We ask that children share with their parents or bring their own containers.
- Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted both in the field and in the Red Barn. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. ATM available in the Red Barn.
- Please pay at each field where you pick.
- If you would like an e-mail update of this page during the harvest season, please sign up for our Today’s Harvest Newsletter.
NEWS FROM THE FIELD click here to find out what we are doing in the fields.
Our family thanks you for picking Larriland Farm!